- I am a qualified and certificated Online Counsellor. My preference is that we arrange this therapy to work on a smart-phone utilising either text in a real time encrypted WhatsApp chat room so that you have a record of the session, or we can work via a WhatsApp video link. If there are phone connection issues around WhatsApp, then a tablet or laptop or a PC can be used but only in a WhatsApp text format.
- We can also usefully arrange this therapy to work by sending each other emails.
Here is how we commence
- Send me an email using the form on the Contact DRT page.
- If after an Assessment process, it seems mutually clear that you would like to proceed, then my Client Agreement form is sent to you.
This first step is the same whether we work with WhatsApp or with emails.
Secure Therapeutic Emails
- Return the completed Agreement form and process the PayPal payment request.
- I will acknowledge both the receipt of your forms and of any payment and I will arrange in my diary for the frequency of our communication. This will usually be a therapeutic email sent to you once a week and you may send emails up to 24 hours before you are due to receive one from me. This will proceed until you stop the process or until the block of treatment bought has ended.
Live Session Therapy
- Return the completed Agreement forms and make your payment for the decided number of WhatsApp text or video sessions.
- In the Agreement forms you will have identified times and days that you are available .
- We agree the day and time of our first session and I send you the password so that you can access the WhatsApp connection from my site.
- If the session has not been accessed within 15 minutes of the agreed start time, the session will be deemed to have expired.
- At the end of the session we agree the time and date of the next session and proceed in this manner until you say stop or until the sessions booked have completed.
- Cancellations less then 48 hours before an appointment and all missed sessions are chargeable.
- If there are any technology difficulties from my side, then mobile phone text messages or emails are to be utilised to explain, rearrange and/or reassure.
Are you in severe distress now?
If you are in severe emotional distress now, then online counselling is not a suitable option for you and I strongly suggest that in the UK you seek immediate face to face assistance through a hospital A&E department, through your own GP, through the Samaritan Service or even through ringing the Emergency Police Service if you are so moved. All of those services only exist to help and serve people who are in distress, all are listed on the Internet search engines, please move through your fear, contact somebody.
(For foreign readers then there will be equivalent services).